Hi and welcome! I'm glad you're here and hope you find something to make your visit worthwhile. Come again!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's Saturday already! And what an unexpectedly full week this was. Nothing much happened as I had anticipated. Let's see. . .

Monday - Went to school for chorus only to find out that there was a sub and it would be a study hall.

Tuesday - Woke up to snow and school was cancelled. Yeaaaa! David had his knee surgery which went very well. It was hard to focus on anything except to wonder how he was doing. In the afternoon we went to look at a ceiling fan advertised on the radio swap program for $15 and bought it.  While enjoying some TV and handwork (Ed was working with his files) and just relaxing in the evening, the phone rang. Sarah, the college girl who stays with us, said she'd be here in 1 1/2 hours. Yikes! I thought she was coming next week! Still watched TV, but during every ad ran upstairs to take care of something for her return.

Wednesday - Went to school for chorus. Early out day meant I'd have to miss our weekly Bible study. But no one came in for choir so I practiced. After 40 minutes my phone rang and it was the teacher - oooops, he hoped I hadn't already come (duh! class should have started 40 minutes ago) as the schedule was changed because of the snow day yesterday and he wouldn't need me. Prayer meeting that evening was an annual business meeting.

Thursday - Woke up wanting some adventure. No school for me today - semester exams going on - so we invited Karen & Wayne to go with us to a moving sale in Dallas City, IL. Wow! Did we ever find some bargains! I got some closet organizer shelving units, 4 wood folding chairs, and a beautiful new, large framed picture. Ed really "hit the jackpot" with tools including a dremel tool with lots of attachments, some larger clamps, and a wheelbarrow. Karen found a wonderful area rug that was perfect for her dining room. We had a late lunch at Ryan's so I was stuffed at supper time. I had to fix dinner anyway as we provide that for Sarah. Ugh!

Friday - I woke up at 3:00 am and couldn't get back to sleep, so I went to the basement and spray painted the ceiling fan. Ed had already taken it apart and cleaned it. Now instead of shiny brass, it's polished nickel. Finally, chorus actually met. (Of course I didn't know that they'd be starting late because of exams still being given which meant we'd work through the normal lunch break.) Cleaned house after getting home.

Today - Got up early to fix breakfast for the men's Bible study at our house. Eight were here. That's all cleaned up and now I'm working on laundry. I'll top off the day by ironing and hemming some pants for Ed. Exciting, no? He hopes to get the "new" ceiling fan/light installed. Can't wait!

Tomorrow? Well, the plan is church, of course, then out for lunch with the teens followed by a special prayer time at our house at 2:00. I'm looking forward to popcorn, fudge, and apple in the evening. But who knows how the day will actually turn out. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment